OUR MOTORCYCLE TRIP MAP

OUR MOTORCYCLE TRIP MAP LEGEND

PLACES WE STAY
PLACES WE CAMP
PLACES WE LOVE
MOTORCYCLE RIDES
MOTORCYCLE DAY TRIPS
FLIGHTS

onto new adventures

while this motorcycle trip has ended, we're onto new adventures! time for us to create our life's work of art in Tonga. we've been getting requests from quite a few of you folks to continue postings while we're in Vava'u, so we'll do so on another blog: fetokoisland.blogspot.com. check there to keep updated on our shenanigans and our upcoming project: building on Fetoko Island! thanks for checking in!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Family

Shelbyville, Indiana

One of the highlights of this trip is all the family we’ve gotten to see along the way. We’ve been looking forward to seeing this branch of Ben’s family for a few years now. Ben used to spend summers as a kid with Linda’s parents in Indiana. Luckily, Lisa got to meet his grandparents while they were still alive. They were both hard-working, open-minded, and lovely and will always be fondly thought of and missed. Riding through Indiana to get to their house we were reminded that these areas are all surrounded by corn… corn, flatlands, and tornados. We rode through little towns that Ben recognized as ones he used to visit when he was a kid with his grandfather while he worked. Although Bill and Mazelle have both recently passed on, the rest of the family is alive and well. Ben’s aunts and uncle and their kids and ten grandkids are all the sweetest and we had a most relaxing and entertaining time with them. The oneness and community of family is strongly felt here. It reminds us a lot of families in the South Pacific and the intimacy they feel with each other. It was such a blessing to spend time with these guys, although not nearly enough. Alan and Mary, if you read this, we love and miss you and hope to see you very very soon. Good luck with ‘the Woods’.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Man am I bummed I missed you. . . though as least I feel to took a fine route up through the blueridge, but I was so psyched to see you guys. I just got a new copy of "Healing with Whole Foods" and now every time I look at it it reminds me of you guys.

Sorry I fucked-up the phone thing. Can't explain it except to say I appearantly don't check my messages. I had no idea. I'm sorry. Bummer.

Your web site is so well done. What a perfect trip and it log it so clearly is just great.
WELL DONE.
CALL ME. I'LL ANSWER.